Premed 101 Forums

Step 2 Questions

hope others can chime in as well,

but I think for awards, it's okay to say it three times, since there's extra merit in retaining the award. So i have Dean's honour list three times.

I also had different club positions, so I was planning to keep each position separate as well.

hope others can chime in as well,

but I think for awards, it's okay to say it three times, since there's extra merit in retaining the award. So i have Dean's honour list three times.

I also had different club positions, so I was planning to keep each position separate as well.

I would say that keeping it separate for club positions is a good idea, but not for Dean's list because it's the same award. That's what the duration box is for.

If I want to write about Dean's list on number 5, what kind of information should I put on qualification, competition involved and reference information??

I'm planning on putting "GPA" for qualification, "N/A" for competition and for reference information maybe the head of my department, or Dean of my faculty. I highly doubt they'll be contacting the reference for Dean's list, since most (if not all) applicants will have been on the Dean's list. I also doubt it counts for much, but I'm going to keep it in to cover my bases.

Hope that helps!

I'm planning on putting "GPA" for qualification, "N/A" for competition and for reference information maybe the head of my department, or Dean of my faculty. I highly doubt they'll be contacting the reference for Dean's list, since most (if not all) applicants will have been on the Dean's list. I also doubt it counts for much, but I'm going to keep it in to cover my bases.

Hope that helps!

Well considering the average GPA for entrance into Dalhousie is 3.8, and going off at least my university's Dean's List policy (>3.7)...there may be a fair bit of people who don't have Honours/Dean's LIst scholarships and awards.

Well considering the average GPA for entrance into Dalhousie is 3.8, and going off at least my university's Dean's List policy (>3.7)...there may be a fair bit of people who don't have Honours/Dean's LIst scholarships and awards.

That may be true, but since they already give 15% of the scoring of the application for GPA, I doubt they'd count something that is solely based on GPA (Dean's list) for very much. I assume that other scholarships, awards or publications would get more weight. I'm not suggesting that anyone not include Dean's list on their application, I'm just saying that they shouldn't write separate entries for each year to just take up space.

Archived