Premed 101 Forums

High School Activities

I know this has been asked in another thread but nobody has answered it! In the past if seems that they have not considered High School activities but on the front of the Step 2 Form it says: "Only activities completed during the last 5 years will be used in the assessment of your detailed submission"

Can anyone confirm whether they consider them or not?

I would agree, if there is something from high school that is VERY SIGNIFICANT in your life and it's in the past 5 years for you, include it. Definitely include items that started in high school and continued into university.

I think the real reason for making the statement, is that there are a significant number of people that have been out of high school for more than 5 years, they don't want those people to put everything from the last 10 years because they've been out of high school for that long.

Further to the discussion of the 5 year limit, how are people interpreting this with respect to the other categories i.e. awards, employment, etc.

I would assume that it applies to all of the supplementary categories, but in the wording I believe it refers only to activities.

Any thoughts? I have not received a response from the office, so I thought that I would post it here for opinions. :)

Archived