Premed 101 Forums

AAMC 11... more representative than others?

sugarmouse

I felt like 11 needed more thinking but I scored more on it than on my other AAMCs.

The actual test was significantly more difficult than any AAMC but that might just be me. I felt like I was lulled into a false sense of security by the AAMCs.

A word of advise...don't stress!!!

Of course the MCAT will be hard - it will likely the hardest exam you write to date! But there is no point fretting over it - feel confident, feel happy and go into the exam feeling you are going to kick the MCAT's butt!

If you know this, you will do fine. I myself have avoided doing AAMC 11 because I know it will only make me feel worse. Instead, I am spending my last few days reviewing stuff i know I am weak on and will put my 200% on friday when i write the exam.

Hope this helps - good luck and remember - MCAT is only one of the MANY hurdles in medicine, so this isn't the end :D

A word of advise...don't stress!!!

Of course the MCAT will be hard - it will likely the hardest exam you write to date! But there is no point fretting over it - feel confident, feel happy and go into the exam feeling you are going to kick the MCAT's butt!

If you know this, you will do fine. I myself have avoided doing AAMC 11 because I know it will only make me feel worse. Instead, I am spending my last few days reviewing stuff i know I am weak on and will put my 200% on friday when i write the exam.

Hope this helps - good luck and remember - MCAT is only one of the MANY hurdles in medicine, so this isn't the end :D

Eek I know! I'm planning to do #11 tomorrow but I'm also really nervous to do so. I don't want to do badly and then totally throw myself off for Friday. I can't decide if it's worth the risk or not.

Eek I know! I'm planning to do #11 tomorrow but I'm also really nervous to do so. I don't want to do badly and then totally throw myself off for Friday. I can't decide if it's worth the risk or not.

i did it today, and i did worse than all my other ones, which stressed me out and sort of put me down, which was bad. but at the same time, it also helped me in the sense that i could go over what i did wrong. i think aamc 11 just has a lot more thinking type questions..

Archived