Premed 101 Forums

Rescoring MCAT

TheGoodLife

Has anyone ever had their MCAT remarked? Is it even worth the trouble?

It's a multiple choice exam so it's hard to make a mistake.. I got scores around what I usually get for BS and PS during AAMC diagnostics but for Verbal I was a lot lower than what I usually obtain. Thus making me ineligible for most medical schools this fall. 4VR (29P) overall.

Should I get my exam remarked?

I took Kaplan. It was overpriced for what it was worth I think ($2K). The books are obviously helpful but the classes themselves teach you very little of what you actually need. But that's just a personal opinion you might find them more beneficial :) The full lengths and WS critiques they provide are definitely helpful

I took Kaplan. It was overpriced for what it was worth I think ($2K). The books are obviously helpful but the classes themselves teach you very little of what you actually need. But that's just a personal opinion you might find them more beneficial :) The full lengths and WS critiques they provide are definitely helpful

I just took Kaplan prior to taking the MCAT, and my opinion about Kaplan is the reverse. They are overpriced, their in class teaching are done by kids our own age with little to no teaching expereince.

What I mean by that is, the people teaching the course do not know what are effective methods of conveying something. They are like professors, regurgetate everything from a pre-scripted plan with little to no deviation. I actually had to buy the Princeton Review Texts as I felt that their books were barebone with little explanation.

I definitely will not be attending Kaplan again. As for as the writing section critique goes, it took them over two weeks to mark my sample essays, and I explicitly stated that both essays should be marked as they were two random essays from two practice exams. In the end only one was marked, as if they didn't read the instructions at all. A truly disappointing experience.

As for as the writing section critique goes, it took them over two weeks to mark my sample essays, and I explicitly stated that both essays should be marked as they were two random essays from two practice exams. In the end only one was marked, as if they didn't read the instructions at all. A truly disappointing experience.

Not to be mean, but it was you that actually didn't read the instructions. They clearly state that you can only send in 1 essay at a time to be marked. You can send in the next practice exam essay only once they have sent back the first marked one. (Although they have since changed the instructions that you can only send in one essay per exam).

They were taking over a week for me so I emailed them and they sent me an apology and resent it to another marker and I got it back withint the next 48 hours.

I actually really liked Kaplan, I guess it depends on your instructor. However, if you take Kaplan vs something like Princeton you have to be able to study on your own at home.

Archived