Premed 101 Forums

About Med Sch Acceptance & College Graduation

hamham

I'm a 4th year student and I need some help!

Assuming that I get an acceptance from an Ontario medical school in May 2012. However, at that time, I have not meet the university's requirements to graduate.

Is it possible for me to accept the offer from medical school even though I did not graduate from my undergraduate in university?

Or must I take summer courses in the summer of 2012 to fulfill my requirement to graduate before I can accept the offer from medical school?

Thanks for your help.

Jordan19: Yes, I have completed all pre-requisites for medical school. What I lack is program requirement courses like some biology courses, all of which are not pre-requisites for any med school. Courses like gen chem, orgo, stats, english etc will be completed before May 2012, so no worries.

I think I should have ask a clearer qn: Will Mac, U of T, Ottawa or Queens revoke my acceptance if I do not have an honours degree by June 2012?

To futuredoc and humanmacbookpro: I'm not applying to anywhere else except these 4 schools this cycle, so as long as these 4 schools don't require an honours bac upon admission, I should be fine. I think Jordan19 has confirmed this but it will be great if you guys can confirm this too.

You all are awesome. Thank you all for your help! :)

"Applications will be accepted from students in good standing who will have successfully completed, prior to the beginning of June preceding registration, in a recognized university, three years of full-time studies (five full-year course/year) in any undergraduate program leading to a bachelor’s degree,"

http://www.intermed.med.uottawa.ca/Students/MD/Admissions/eng/eligibility_criteria.html

Thanks Robin Hood! McMaster has also replied, saying that they don't need an honours, so I'm good for Mac too. Still waiting on Queens and U of T...

PS: I suddenly realized that even if the deadline to get an honours is June 30 2012, I can still make it if I take summer courses in the first half of the summer. I go to UT St. George, so summer courses in the 1st half will be completed by the end of June. Then all I need is a letter from my register, saying that I'm have fulfilled all requirements to graduate so that I can enroll in med sch, if need be. Nonetheless, I still hope these schools don't need an honours...

Archived