Premed 101 Forums

PT Volunteering

Hi,

From some of the posts here, I see that people have mentioned about having 50 hours of volunteering in the area. However, I looked at some schools such as U of T, McMaster and I don't see volunteering as a requirement there. Can someone please mention which schools list it as a requirement?

Hi,

From some of the posts here, I see that people have mentioned about having 50 hours of volunteering in the area. However, I looked at some schools such as U of T, McMaster and I don't see volunteering as a requirement there. Can someone please mention which schools list it as a requirement?

Although McGill does not list it anywhere as a requirement, they told me this is a requirement. Accordingly, I recommend you check with each school directly just to be sure before entering the starting gate. It is not volunteering necessarily, rather being exposed to physio with a physiotherapist.

UWO used to have it as a requirement, but that's no longer the case. Hence why last cycle the required GPA for acceptance at UWO PT/OT sky rocketed. Seems every pre-med who didn't bother shadowing a PT applied just for a "backup career/degree"

I was accepted by Mac and U of T PT last year and that's not a requirement and I wasn't aware of it ever was a requirement...

Although McGill does not list it anywhere as a requirement, they told me this is a requirement. Accordingly, I recommend you check with each school directly just to be sure before entering the starting gate. It is not volunteering necessarily, rather being exposed to physio with a physiotherapist.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but having a hidden admission requirement is being dishonest. But hey, lies and greed are somethings most human beings like, and university adcoms are no different.

Besides, laws are only for the weak (the students in this case).

The devil is in the details. And this was a pretty important detail to omit from the details of qualifications. It is a fact of life that in all matters the onus is on us to do our due diligence and we should never take anything for granted.

You can't call and ask: is there something that you forgot.

The reasoning is clear: they will DECEIVE people who are not admissible to gain $$$. Money is the only thing most human beings care about.

Archived