Premed 101 Forums

OOP - any point in applying?

Thread hijack, but would I have a shot of cracking the top 250 OOP with a 3.74 GPA and an 11 VR. I'm debating whether it's worth my time.

Err on the side of applying to too many schools rather than being too reserved as long as money is available. Too be honest, your GPA is not very competitive for OOP... 11 verbal is good so maaaybe that will counteract the low gpa... but when in doubt apply and see what happens. A few years down the road you won't even remember the $150 for the application.

Just a question about the GPA

I searched all over the app site and help guide, but couldn't find an answer

I went to UBC and they give both percentages and letter grades in transcripts...which are we to use for the Calgary app? Using letter grades yields a far better result than percentages...as another poster said above, seems that you get really short changed for percentage scores, its crazy

Just a question about the GPA

I searched all over the app site and help guide, but couldn't find an answer

I went to UBC and they give both percentages and letter grades in transcripts...which are we to use for the Calgary app? Using letter grades yields a far better result than percentages...as another poster said above, seems that you get really short changed for percentage scores, its crazy

If you actually searched all over, you would know. It's right in the applicant manual. I'm feeling generous so I'll save you the trouble: If percentage grades are used at all by a school, even if letter grades are there as well, UofC will use the percent grades conversion, and so must you in the online system.

If you actually searched all over, you would know. It's right in the applicant manual. I'm feeling generous so I'll save you the trouble: If percentage grades are used at all by a school, even if letter grades are there as well, UofC will use the percent grades conversion, and so must you in the online system.

NM, just found some threads a few pages back discussing this

well I must have overlooked it then because I thought I read all the parts discussing GPA...anyways, thanks for being a di#k about it, take your high horse somewhere else

There's no horse here, even in Calgary. I don't see how I was rude. Many other PM101 members wouldn't have even told you the answer. Probably would have said "use the search function" or "check the applicant manual." Your question was like the 101's of out-of-province UofC applications. The answer is littered all over the place. I see you took rude to another level though with the swear words in disguise, as though no one would notice.

There's no horse here, even in Calgary. I don't see how I was rude. Many other PM101 members wouldn't have even told you the answer. Probably would have said "use the search function" or "check the applicant manual." Your question was like the 101's of out-of-province UofC applications. The answer is littered all over the place. I see you took rude to another level though with the swear words in disguise, as though no one would notice.

If that is the case i.e. how all of your other members would respond, then I would respond in a similar fashion. If you feel like its a redundant question, then don't respond, plain and simple. Why respond if you have a problem with the question? If you can't sense any rudeness or impudence in your answer, then our definitions of the word must be drastically different (but you did seem to be quite sensitive to someone telling you what your being like and calling you out..seems rather contradictory).

This is a public forum, therefore they don't let you spell out the entire word, hence the #. Good on you for putting words in my mouth saying I was trying to hide it..I wasn't, and I believe I got the message across.

Anyways, we probably shouldn't be having an argument in a public forum. If you have anything else to discuss, PM me then.

Archived