Premed 101 Forums

Medical College of Wisconsin e-mail

lychee

Hi everyone....just got an e-mail from the Medical College of Wisconsin saying that they received my MCAT scores through AAMC (I'll have to look into how they got them because I didn't intend to apply to an US schools) and they are inviting me to apply if my GPA is comparable.

Did anyone else get an e-mail like this? It seems kind of too good to be true and random. Does anyone have any experience with MCW or their reputation as a school?

Thanks!

Hi everyone....just got an e-mail from the Medical College of Wisconsin saying that they received my MCAT scores through AAMC (I'll have to look into how they got them because I didn't intend to apply to an US schools) and they are inviting me to apply if my GPA is comparable.

Did anyone else get an e-mail like this? It seems kind of too good to be true and random. Does anyone have any experience with MCW or their reputation as a school?

Thanks!

MCW has a good reputation, but don't get too excited....

These "recruitment" emails are automatically sent to thousands of people, and I'm not even sure how legal they are.

MCW is a good school. I was accepted there in 2002 but chose to attend Northwestern.

Milwaukee's cold in the winter with not much to do... whereas, Chicago is Chicago.

Otherwise, don't pay too much attention to these recruitment letters. Wash U sends them out to everyone whose MCAT is above a certain score. But these same applicants often get rejected.

Archived