Premed 101 Forums

Will i make it, need some opionions and advice!!!

I am going to my third year and for the first year and half i screwed up but 2nd year 2nd semester i really got back in track got all As( 3.78 gpa )but overall for two years is 2.55. I am really not sure if even my gpa will be in 3s if i get all As next two years coz gpa goes high so slowly so i was thinking of MBA but after reading all the posts in this forum i know that only some of the med schools will take Masters into consideration. So do you guys think that my gpa will be above 3.5 now that i am on track and have learned my lesson and am studying and working hard, and if get all As? Or should i make myself ready for second degree? Also I have taken Biology and Chemistry and would it matter if I take some of the prerequisite courses for some schools during summer or maybe the fall that my degree is finished. Do I have any chances without the second degree?

thanks in advance everyone.

Activities? ECs?

3.5 is not competitive anywhere to be honest (also, keep in mind that it is also very likely that by some calculations, e.g. Calgary's GPA calculation, it'll end up being closer to 3.1 ish.), unless you have a monster MCAT. Like slash has brought up already, write your MCAT then you'll know.... if you get a >35 on your MCAT, then you may have a chance at a school like Manitoba, otherwise, you really should start researching what you'd like to take for a second degree.

Good luck!

Archived