Premed 101 Forums

Let's be real - GPA importance post interview

Awesome - thank you. Do you mind if I ask where you got this info?

I could only find this on their website:

"A composite score of the interview assessment followed by the WGPA is then calculated and a final selection is made for the offers of admission."

http://www.intermed.med.uottawa.ca/Students/MD/Admissions/eng/interviews.html

It seems as though people have been doing very well interviews there are matching interview scores they choose an applicant by GPA - so it might not be a direct 50-50, but it ends up happening in a lot of cases. I got this information through word of mouth - so it could be completely INACCURATE - this is why I am posting to see if anyone has any information.

Awesome - thank you. Do you mind if I ask where you got this info?

I could only find this on their website:

"A composite score of the interview assessment followed by the WGPA is then calculated and a final selection is made for the offers of admission."

http://www.intermed.med.uottawa.ca/Students/MD/Admissions/eng/interviews.html

It seems as though people have been doing very well interviews there are matching interview scores they choose an applicant by GPA - so it might not be a direct 50-50, but it ends up happening in a lot of cases. I got this information through word of mouth - so it could be completely INACCURATE - this is why I am posting to see if anyone has any information.

Just to clarify, I do not think this break down is posted anywhere. I personally have never seen specific numbers thrown around. All I have heard is the interview is very important and people with the same interview scores are differentiated based on their wgpa. SO wgpa is used as a tie breaker between people with the same interview score..

Just to clarify, I do not think this break down is posted anywhere. I personally have never seen specific numbers thrown around. All I have heard is the interview is very important and people with the same interview scores are differentiated based on their wgpa. SO wgpa is used as a tie breaker between people with the same interview score..

Thank you for the clarification.

• 1 month later...

GPA is only used as a tiebreaker for people with the same interview score. If you got top marks on the interview you will beat out any applicant with a lower interview score.

That said, there are many people who tie on their interview scores, in which case the highest GPAs win out.

This is the way it works:

They start with candidates who have the highest interview score and offer admission to those starting with the higest overall score on down.

Then they move to the second highest interview scores and offer admissions in the same way and so on.

So if you have a wGPA of 3.92, received an interview and aced it, your chances are better than if your wGPA is 4.00 and didn't do as well on the interview.

These were the criteria for the March 2011 interviews. I can't comment on other years.

Archived