Premed 101 Forums

Memorial OOP Cutoff

Hey guys,

Someone asked me today about Memorials OOP cutoff and I told them that it's very hard unless you had a high GPA and MCAT. Then today someone at MUN told me today that it was "soft" and they took into consideration your ECs, etc.

Can anyone at MUN confirm/deny? Just good to get straight, as I do want to clarify with the individual who asked me.

Macbook

• 8 months later...

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if these stats would even be worth applying with.

cGPA (with MUN's calculation - had some pretty bad summer 4th year level philosophy courses) = 86.3%

BSc honors in biology, minor in Philosophy, MSc in progress.

MCAT score: 33S (10 VR / 11 PS / 12 BS / S writing)

1 publication, poster presentation, conference presentation, publication in progress, decent ECs/Volunteering, lots of work experience, an MSc to be completed sometime this fall.

Looking at their OOP seats I doubt that my stats would be very competitive, but I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was anything else they considered heavily? As far as I could tell they don't drop your "worst year", if they did my average would be 88.7% (almost all my B+'s are in 1 year :( )

• 2 weeks later...

The application to MUN is only ~$75 or so, it can't hurt to apply.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows if these stats would even be worth applying with.

cGPA (with MUN's calculation - had some pretty bad summer 4th year level philosophy courses) = 86.3%

BSc honors in biology, minor in Philosophy, MSc in progress.

MCAT score: 33S (10 VR / 11 PS / 12 BS / S writing)

1 publication, poster presentation, conference presentation, publication in progress, decent ECs/Volunteering, lots of work experience, an MSc to be completed sometime this fall.

Looking at their OOP seats I doubt that my stats would be very competitive, but I was just wondering if anyone knew if there was anything else they considered heavily? As far as I could tell they don't drop your "worst year", if they did my average would be 88.7% (almost all my B+'s are in 1 year :( )

Archived