Premed 101 Forums

Kirsteen How are you its quiet here without you

Guest amy

Hey girl

We all miss your stories and terrific insights! I hope you are not too Blue!! Its just been a "wee bit" quiet here without you! I hope everything is going great for the admissions process. How are the interview invites going? I know you will get in this time!!!! I couldn't be more happier than to see such a fine person get the dream that she so much deserves! Noone deserves it more (especially not those sillies from the other posts that poor ian has to shut down, I think stress has made them a little to edgy !)

take care Kirsteen, Chin Up and keep your eye on the prize!

Bye Bye Amy

Guest Kirsteen

Hey there Amy,

Thanks for your post; I'm definitely about, and thankfully the forum's available to provide a good stopover from the killer four-exams-in-a-week that's nearly over. (I thought Reading Week was established so that students could prepare for exams, as opposed to being a week where profs have spare time to mark 'em?!!)

I've only applied to two schools this year; I leave next Friday to tackle the UBC interviews and UT are supposed to be getting back to us by February's end, so we'll see! The good thing is, if we keep ourselves busy (focus on school, work, hobbies, pals), then there's a better chance of not fretting about taking the daily trip to the mailbox. (Who knew that a mailbox could become such an object of fear?!)

As to stress, it can be a pretty trying time for us all between coursework, waiting for interview invites, undergoing the interviews, and then the next wave of waiting for acceptances. (But hey, if we can deal with this rite of passage effectively then we're one step closer to being better-equipped to deal with whatever meds can throw at us, right?) Ian's probably seen this again and again; it's a wee bit cyclical: last year's bevy of discussion group postings during this time got pretty heavy and you could see some blood pressures soaring. Hopefully though, since we're all pretty much in the same shoe (whether meds or CaRMs interviews) we can continue to benefit from the support and advice found here, and then finally share a lager n' lime in person during one Orientation or the other in September!

Ciao,

Kirsteen

Good Stuff Kirsteen!

I think T.o. will come through for you!!! Just wondering, are you doing 4 couses while working full time, holly smokes if you are, that is way too much!! Also Kirsteen just wondering why you didn't apply to some of the other schools?

See ya!

Amy

Guest not rex morgan

Hey Kirsteen. Just curious. You have scoped out several schools and seem to be on top of what they all have to offer. You also seem to know exactly what you want. Say you get into UBC and U of T, do you know what you would like to choose, or are you just going to wait and see how you feel at the time?

Guest Kirsteen

Hey again Amy,

Cheers for your note. Yep, 4.5 courses--it's a bit hectic, let me tell you! I'm quite looking forward to the possibility of a September sans a 9-5 job! I can barely imagine what school will be like without it.

As to applying to other schools, after a bit of investigation I felt that, for me, UT and UBC were the two best places to pursue an MD/PhD, hence foregoing applications to any others. If I were applying to an MD program only, I would have definitely applied to more.

Ciao,

Kirsteen

Archived