Premed 101 Forums

Non-Biology Research

Hope_MD

Hey guys, I was wondering if research in other programs would be regarded the same as research in biology. I'm having a very hard time finding a biology professor that will take me even as a volunteer. The "research assistant" positions at my school are given to people who get OSAP, which I dont get. I was thinking about asking my Geography professor about volunteering in his lab this summer. Any advice would be great! :)

Hey guys, I was wondering if research in other programs would be regarded the same as research in biology. I'm having a very hard time finding a biology professor that will take me even as a volunteer. The "research assistant" positions at my school are given to people who get OSAP, which I dont get. I was thinking about asking my Geography professor about volunteering in his lab this summer. Any advice would be great! :)

Research is as Research does. As long as you are interested in what you are doing, and you are contributing to the research process you are gaining valuable transferable skills that can be applied to in any field. The research project I am helping out now is in the field of environmental engineering, last summer I had work in chemical engineering. As long as you have experience I think you should be fine.

Archived