Premed 101 Forums

Pre-reqs at MRU

Hi all, anyone have advice for my current predicament:

I’m currently in my second-year of a MSc program at UofC. I would like to apply med school within the next two years, but I still need to take some pre-requisites and write my MCATS. I was thinking of taking some prereqs at Mount Royal University (Biology, Chemistry, & Organic Chem) next semester while I work on my thesis. How do med schools look at pre-reqs from MRU?

Hi all, anyone have advice for my current predicament:

I’m currently in my second-year of a MSc program at UofC. I would like to apply med school within the next two years, but I still need to take some pre-requisites and write my MCATS. I was thinking of taking some prereqs at Mount Royal University (Biology, Chemistry, & Organic Chem) next semester while I work on my thesis. How do med schools look at pre-reqs from MRU?

MRU is a degree granting institution that has been recognized by AUCC (this happened 3 or 4 years ago when they became a university and can grant bachelors degree. The courses should be treated the same as though they came from U of C.

...they'd better count the same, or else I am screwed! That is where my degree will be from.

Archived