Premed 101 Forums

Prereq specific requirements

Guest khoberian

Guest khoberian

Just wondering if it matter what year the course is from? I mean I realize that we need 1 non-science credit to qualify for U of T, does it matter if I took two half-courses as in ECON 101 and ECON 102, both first year. Would it matter if I took, ECON 101 and PSYCH 101 at my uni?

For Western I was going thru the threads, I understand that Western was quite strict about mixing'n'matching half-credit courses from different disciplines and different years. But then someone said that it does not matter anymore what kind of mix and match or year courses you take as long as 1 year's worth of courses have an essay component to them for UWO.

So, can someone please clarify if it matters what level your courses are at to satisfy the prereqs plus does it matter if you take your prereqs from different disciplines?

I apologize if this question has been answered before, but I was unable to find an answer for most universities.

Thanks all!

Guest UWOMED2005

Not sure, maybe someone else could clarify this for you. I think you should be alright, but I can't say for certainty. You really should verify with the admissions committees at the respective universities yourself. Try calling Western admissions just to clarify.

Guest khoberian

Thanks UWOMEDS2005 for the info! I guess I'm email the universities that I'm interested in.

But has anyone else faced this question or everybody else is covered because of their majors?

Ian can you please provide some input, thanks, appreciate it!

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

My advice is to email UWO admissions with your concerns- they are extremely helpful and can clarify anything for you in a timely fashion.

Best of luck!

Tim

Guest From Ottawa

I called UWO today and they told me that they want to see progression in the electives (ie. two full year courses in the same subject at different levels)

Guest Ian Wong

I don't have any experience in those schools, so I'd echo everyone else thus far; best to check with the med schools directly.

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest TimmyMax

Hey,

All the UWO Progression means is that they want you to have a non-science course (full credit, I'm pretty sure) at the senior level (200 or above) to show progression.

Example: I am currently taking a second half-credit in history (only one half-credit was required for my degree program) to fulfill the UWO progression requirement. I figure that if I get in, I'll have to do it eventually anyway, so why not during the year? It's not like I have anything better to do!

Hope this helps!

Tim

Archived