Premed 101 Forums

Anyone try online tutoring services?

thehockeykid

I know you can always ask profs or TAs for help, however when I go to some of the help sessions or office hours it is only a matter of luck whether or not the prof or ta will answer my question and I waste valuable study time on hearing a question I already know how to do.

I am thinking of purchasing a membership to cramster, what do you think?

Edit: I rethought it and I would be much better off asking someone in class questions. While searching for more answers/reviews I found this site on SDN, may be useful for some

http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/biology/7-03-genetics-fall-2004/

"tutoring" service, is a euphemism

cramster is a "cheating" service, you'll never have to do another physics assignment if your professor assigns them out of a textbook, because cramster hires grad students to all the odd/even questions in all the major science textbooks. the 5 bucks a month they charge is a good deal if you don't want to do physics/chem homework but are willing to study hard for the exams.

i work for an "editing and tutoring" service, we're a little more ethical, you write a piece of **** essay that would get you a c, and after i edit "your" ideas you'll have an a-/a paper and be 200-300 bucks lighter in the wallet

I know you can always ask profs or TAs for help, however when I go to some of the help sessions or office hours it is only a matter of luck whether or not the prof or ta will answer my question and I waste valuable study time on hearing a question I already know how to do.

I am thinking of purchasing a membership to cramster, what do you think?

Archived