Premed 101 Forums

Any possibilities for a lab job?

Chaplin

I am doing a basic labour job at the moment in a retail store in a backroom basically opening up boxes, taking stuff out and putting it here and there usual stockroom stuff. I have to put up with colleagues some of which (who i spent most of my time with) are sexually obsessed and no nothing of clean language. Ive spoiled many a exams working there sneaking in and out to get a look at my notes on the eve of the exam and getting just 5-6 hours to study. Im still doing it and The pay is just 9/hr.

Lately Ive grown tired of it and was looking for possibilities/ideas as to what I can do with the education Ive had so far. Is it possible for a 3rd year undergrad to work as an assistant in a bio tech/micro bio lab or any health company. Ive done lab courses like MICB 322, BIOC 301 (UBC) and BIOL 300 (SFU). Any suggestions or ideas would be welcome?

Thanks for the response. I wish I had taken a look at this before the term began. Most probably now Ill have to wait until april which makes me even more paranoid about my current job. Is their a requirement for such jobs i.e. experience, good grades etc or are profs willing to hire noobs.

Archived