Premed 101 Forums

electives

Guest hash

Guest hash

Hi,

I'll be entering the UofA this fall and I am in the process of picking courses and registering etc...

So, for those that are well into university...here's the question:

Would you recommend taking electives in the first year... or keeping them till second year? I'm thinking 1st year...simply coz it'll be easier to adjust to university teaching/classes etc... and it won't be as stressful.

Or...the flipside is that second year academic courses are so hard that...u need electives for some relief...

So what should I do??

thanks.

just finished my second year at u of a.

i'd recommend taking electives in your first year. i took almost all my pre-reqs for med in my first year, and it really blew. my average was still great, but the course load was terrible... imagine having a 3 hour lab evrey afternoon of the week! plus, you need to write lab finals at the end of term... just not worth it.

i'd recommend leaving physics until second year and putting some electives in instead. if you're not hell bent on admission after second year, you might want to leave organic til second year (this allows you to take 1 FC more of 100 level credits) and Biochem til 3rd year.

Archived