Premed 101 Forums

McGill Strike May Be Over!

future_doc

This is indeed true. Here was the e-mail sent out to McGill students yesterday...

MUNACA strike update: A tentative agreement has been reached

Statement from Michael Di Grappa, Vice-Principal (Administration and Finance)

I am pleased to report that the University and MUNACA have agreed with a conciliator’s report that sets out the terms of a comprehensive five-year contract. The MUNACA executive will recommend acceptance of this tentative agreement to its members.

We have agreed to keep the details of this tentative agreement confidential until MUNACA members are briefed. A ratification vote will take place in the coming days.

This has been a long and challenging period for all of us, and the University naturally hopes for a positive vote. We look forward to welcoming our employees who are MUNACA members back to their positions and beginning the process of reintegration and reconciliation.

I wish to congratulate members of the bargaining teams for their hard work in achieving this agreement and to thank the conciliator.

I would also like to extend my thanks to the McGill community for their patience, dedication and understanding during the past three months, especially to students, researchers and employees who shouldered a heavier workload.

We will report on the results of the vote as soon as they become available, and we will also provide you with an overview of the agreement as soon as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

I applied for IMG stream, and my transcript was - outstanding untill Dec 21,

meanwhile the date for sending the invitations under my category is Dec 23,

I wonder if they would be really sent tomorrow, or I'll continue to share my stress during the whole four-days-holiday :confused:

I have also applied for the IMG stream and waiting. There are a bunch of IMG's from Montreal who have applied and none have got the call so far.

I am from Iran, have done Phd from McGill and am working at McGill currently, age 32, have done EE,QE1, Collège des Médecins du Québec- French proficiency and NAC-OSCE.

Would you mind sharing your profile. May be we know each other from the IMG group of Msc./Phd's from McGill :)

• 2 weeks later...
Most of my stuff is also still outstanding :S

Gah, me too :( Would you mind if I asked what your GPA is or if it's over 3.9? I have an unpleasant feeling that, because I sent in my transcript really early, they just saw that I was under 3.9 and didn't bother processing the rest of my application :(

Archived