Premed 101 Forums

fat envelopes

Guest princejr13

Guest princejr13

hi,

Do fat envelopes usually mean offer of admission. What else do these envelopes contain other than just the offer of admission (which would be just one page). And if you get a "thin envelope," then does that mean rejection? Just wondering .....

Guest governorgeneral

traditionally, the "fat" envelope is the good one, full of a wondrous bounty of publications from the school, eg registration papers, course info, etc. (just like in undergrad! i remember picking up courier packages from mcgill and u of t. it was so exciting...) the "thin" envelope would contain nothing more than a polite "please f*** off" (hence, PFO). but it seems like both good and bad news come in thin envelopes nowadays.

Guest princejr13

Thanks,

Govergeneral did I meet you at the U of S on interview weekend of March 16,17? My interview was at 3:00 p.m on the 16th, when was your's? Judging from your style of writing on this discussion forum, you may be one of the guys I talked to after the interview (in the room where we were asked to fill out the survey). Although I could be waaayyyy off!

Guest governorgeneral

i had a saturday afternoon interview, but it was at 1pm. but i hung around for a little bit afterwards. i think at 2 or 3 i was on a tour of the school/RUH, the tour guides were rod and brad, if i remember correctly. were you there? there were a lot of ppl there i talked to, they all seemed pretty good candidates; i can't say i met anyone who didn't look like they'd make a good doctor.

Guest princejr13

I actually didn't take the tour becaue I was never really given the opportunity ... I suppose that's because they know that I go to this university and reasoned that I would already have a pretty good feel for the campus. I know Rod and Brad (I think its Brad). They along with some other med students were kind enough to hold mock interviews for nervous premeds like me just a couple of days before the actual interviews. It helped in boosting my confidence by alot.

Guest governorgeneral

aw, you missed a pretty good tour. the door to the lounge in the health sciences building is the first and only time i saw the word "buffeteria" actually used to officially describe something. i thought it was just one of those words people come up with but arent really real, like bacne.

<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote>Quote:<hr> I know Rod and Brad (I think its Brad).<hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END-->

seems like everyone at u of s knows each other... who knows, maybe me, you, kosmo14 and everyone else from the u of s board all went to the same high school or something... lol.

Guest governorgeneral

yep, they had tours, at least of those areas that were actually open on the weekend (which were few and far between). for example, we didn't actually get into the locked anatomy lab, but we were treated to the familiar smell wafting through the ventilation slats in the door. (it also gets permanently on your labcoat, so don't keep it in the same locker you keep your jacket et al lest you want to want to wear eau de dissection outside of school, said rod or brad.)

Archived