Premed 101 Forums

graduate program with a 3.2 gpa

Hi,

Im interested in applying to a graduate school, but my last 10 credits come up to a 3.2 gpa. I have decent research and extra curricular experiences under my belt. And I can get good references too (have already spoken to 3 of my professors who would happily write me one). Im interested in studying public health and public policy. Does anyone know any school or any program I might have a shot at?

thanks

Hi,

Im interested in applying to a graduate school, but my last 10 credits come up to a 3.2 gpa. I have decent research and extra curricular experiences under my belt. And I can get good references too (have already spoken to 3 of my professors who would happily write me one). Im interested in studying public health and public policy. Does anyone know any school or any program I might have a shot at?

thanks

I think 3.2 is still competitive for many programs (although most program would like to see a 3.3) given your previous research experience and the reference letters you said you can get. The problem is that most PI would like to apply for external funding and obviously the higher the gpa is the more likely you will get the funding. Apply broadly, I think you won't have a problem starting grad school.

One caveat of going into grad school is that if you would like to apply to med school afterwards, your grad school grades will most likely not be included in your cGPA. So you may want to consider doing a second degree instead.

Archived