Premed 101 Forums

Is everyone wearing suits to interviews?

e_is_hv

Hi All,

Other than programs like family that tell you to dress casual, is everyone planning to go in a suit to interviews? The reason is I don't own a suit, but have a very nice blue blazer. I was thinking of using this with a white shirt, tie and obviously different color slacks.

However, the last thing I want to do is somehow stand out in a bad way. Any thoughts?

or $2000 for a Zegna that you'll wear on multiple occasions. Personally I'd take the latter but the choice is up to you.

And shoes, pants, belt, shirt, cufflinks, watch, tie, and hat (mmm cashmere ;) to match? $2000 is a bit overboard for residency interviews IMHO. Now if it was a director, c-level, or partner position interview with a $100k+ base, I may change my tune.

And my multiple occasions usually involve a significant number of activities expensive clothes don't like. My last set of dress pants and shoes will never be the same...

Personally, I'd take the former, but it is a personal pref ;)

+1 on a good, clean, fit.

Buy a suit and make sure it fits. It's not a huge investment. $500 for a suit you'll wear once at Moores or $2000 for a Zegna that you'll wear on multiple occasions. Personally I'd take the latter but the choice is up to you.

Word of advice: go gray or blue, not black, not any other color.

Remember, buy a suit that fits!

If you are putting the thing on the LOC a 2000 suit is gonna cost you a fortune when you go to pay it off.

The key with good looking suits is to avoid the big chains (moore's, tip top etc). These places hire high school or college kids who don't know **** about suits. Go to a family owned local place. The staff are usually the owners and they have sold suits for years. They can set you up with something good looking and well fitting for a few hundred.

Archived