Premed 101 Forums

Year 2 blues

Just seems really drawn out. Weekly quizzes on friday don't help either. It used to be that I'd be able to have some sort of a life and enjoy an occasional weeknight but now all the time is devoted to school/extracurriculars while weekend days are empty and boring. If the weather was nice, then it might have been useful...

Just seems really drawn out. Weekly quizzes on friday don't help either. It used to be that I'd be able to have some sort of a life and enjoy an occasional weeknight but now all the time is devoted to school/extracurriculars while weekend days are empty and boring. If the weather was nice, then it might have been useful...

I feel you, I'm also the type of person who'd rather work shorter days 6 days a week than longer days 4-5 days a week. I was also really exhausted after an entire semester of weekly quizzes.

Wait until clerkship, your life will become one big endless quizz.

Yes, some actual questions from my experience...

"What percentage of people have gallstones?" (You can imagine what the follow-up questions were...)

"What's a fistula?"

"Why do people get fistulas?"

"What's a Meckel's diverticulum?"

Points if you can guess not just the specialty but the subspecialty, as these are most certainly all from the same staff.

Yes, some actual questions from my experience...

"What percentage of people have gallstones?" (You can imagine what the follow-up questions were...)

"What's a fistula?"

"Why do people get fistulas?"

"What's a Meckel's diverticulum?"

Points if you can guess not just the specialty but the subspecialty, as these are most certainly all from the same staff.

Really? I don't think those are unreasonable - well, the gallstones question might be, it's just kinda pointless.

Highlight of clerkship so far - betting $50 on innervation of the anus and winning against my preceptor.:D

Yeah, it went from the prevalence of gallstones to the incidence of symptomatic gallstones to the incidence of acute chole. This staff always likes to go around in a circle and get an answer from all of the housestaff... in this case, the R3s didn't do much better than the CC3s.

And I'm glad I've never had to present any kind of talk with him near the front...

Yeah, it went from the prevalence of gallstones to the incidence of symptomatic gallstones to the incidence of acute chole. This staff always likes to go around in a circle and get an answer from all of the housestaff... in this case, the R3s didn't do much better than the CC3s.

And I'm glad I've never had to present any kind of talk with him near the front...

I bet I can guess the staff! General surg?

The logic is that then the keeners will spend the entire weekend studying and will burn out. I say, let the keeners burn out then!

I'm the opposite. I agree with the OP - incredibly burnt out BECAUSE the quizzes are on fridays and not on mondays. I need that weekend to catch up!

I loved Friday quizzes!!!!! My weekends were awesome in second year...no studying and lots of social life. Neuro was the worst... no quizzes and overwhelming amounts of anatomy and material.

MSK is daunting but it's worth the effort. If you burn out now Neuro + comp studying will be even worse. You can do it!

I loved Friday quizzes!!!!! My weekends were awesome in second year...no studying and lots of social life. Neuro was the worst... no quizzes and overwhelming amounts of anatomy and material.

MSK is daunting but it's worth the effort. If you burn out now Neuro + comp studying will be even worse. You can do it!

You could study 5-6hrs a day on weekend (not that you'd need to) and still go out every night...

Archived