Premed 101 Forums

• 2 weeks later...

I'm applying this weekend as well! Good luck to you all...hope to see you in September. :D

Can anyone confirm or have any further info on the GPA scores that got people in for the Sept. 2010 program? I read this in another forum that 3.56 was the avg GPA. Apparently this was a letter from McMac to a prospective student:

02-05-2011, 12:05 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Kyle,

Thank you for your interest in the Physician Assistant Education Program.

Last year the competitive gpa was 3.56.

Thank you,

Physician Assistant Education Program

Faculty of Health Sciences

McMaster University

1200 Main St. W. MDCL 2201

Hamilton, ON L8N 3Z5

http://www.fhs.mcmaster.ca/physicianassistant

905-525-9140 ext 22872

fax: 905-527-0131

Can anyone confirm or have any further info on the GPA scores that got people in for the Sept. 2010 program? I read this in another forum that 3.56 was the avg GPA

That was the average GPA of the 24 students accepted into the program. Keep in mind that GPA is not the sole factor that goes into being granted an interview - the supplemental application is important as well. Admission thereafter is heavily based on your performance on the MMI.

Source: I am in the program!

That was the average GPA of the 24 students accepted into the program. Keep in mind that GPA is not the sole factor that goes into being granted an interview - the supplemental application is important as well. Admission thereafter is heavily based on your performance on the MMI.

Source: I am in the program!

thanks for confirming, fskatergirl! I appreciate it. =)

Yes, in terms of the 3 application components, each is important. I spoke to someone in admissions in the inaugural year of the program and she told me that each component is weighed together as a whole. According to her, GPA had the highest weighting, then interviews and finally the supplemental application responses.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived