Premed 101 Forums

What are the approximate salary of a PA in Ontario?

I havent heard much about PA's, so I would appreciate that you can enlighten me with some information.

Thanks so much.

That's a good question and I'm not sure we have an exact answer yet.

The salary ranges. The lowest is $75,000.00 and the highest I know of for certain right now is $109,000.00. (although I understand there are actually PAs in Ontario making about $150,000.00 already I can't substantiate this) Both of these are for about 38 hours per week (officially). The median salary for PAs in the USA is about $90,000.00 and pay is higher in Manitoba and other areas where PAs are making closer to $200,000.00.

Taking call usually gets more money and there are also bonuses from the Government on top of this plus benefits packages and time/money alloted for CME and vacations.

Do you know how likely are PA being hired? in Ontario? I know there are PA programs, but Im not sure if I should choose it as an alternative choice to med school.

All PAs who have graduated have got jobs.

You should not become a PA if you want to be a physician. You should do this if you want to be a PA. If you want to be a PA, yes there are jobs.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived