Premed 101 Forums

Applying from UWinnipeg

In university of winnipeg for As you get 4.25 and A- you get 4.0. When I apply to medschool im just wondering whether all the classes I got A in (4.25) will be converted to U of Ms scale, so all my As will go from 4.25 to 4.00. Because for some of my classes A+'s are 95%+, where as In University of Manitoba A+'s for the same course is 90%+.

If i got 92% on one of the courses, where A+ is 95%+ here at uwinnipeg, thus me getting a A, will it be considered A+ at u of m? or will it just stay at A.

I went to UofM their scale is sometime a headache. I'm not sure if u of winnipeg gives percentages on your transcript but if they do then you have the potential to get A+s at U of M if not then they will go based on your letter grades so an A- or A at the U of W will be equal to 4.00 on the U of M scale.

Hope that helps.

Ok thanks.

No theres no percentages on the transcript, so I guess im getting screwed over in some of my courses

I have gone to both schools. I was initially disappointed when told that a UW A was only a 4, but overall feel like I made out like a bandit there. If you set out for A's thinking that 4.25 was good enough, then that does suck. If you tried for the A+ and didn't get it, I think UofM would have found away to bring you to a A (or less) for a 4 anyways.

I'm applying as an IP from UoCalgary. Transferred A's and A-'s from there are 4.00. Many of our classes don't have A+ grades and those that do are much like the scenario you've described for UoW (A+'s and A's are both a 4.0 with the UoC system, so some profs don't even bother).

Even if you have a percentage grade, I do believe they will use letter grades first (I know for certain that UoC does this). So yes, you'll get 4.00 for all of your A grades.

Good luck! Hope this helps.

Archived