Premed 101 Forums

knowledge on medical universities

Guest simranarora4u

Guest simranarora4u

hi fren

i am an indian gurl i wanted to know abt he way of selection of students in medical uni's in canda actually i wanted to do my medical from canda could some guide me upon all i mean wholly wt all procedures are their n how the whole system moves on n abt the courses available 4 these medical studies

Guest aneliz

Hi!

There is a thread on this discussion board called 'Coming to Canada for Medicine'. It has the answers to many of the questions that you are asking. The short answer is that there are only a few Canadian schools that will take international students - many will only take Canadian citizens or landed immigrants. You will need to check with specific schools that you are interested in to see if they would consider you for admission. The individual schools can also give you their admission requirements, which generally are:

1. A minimum of three years of university

2. Various pre-requisite science and non-science courses (examples include: chemistry, organic chemistry, biology and english)

3. Usually writing the MCAT exam

You can also check the websites for each of the different medical schools to find their requirements. There are links to them on the top of each individual school's forum. I will also warn you that it is very difficult to get into medical school in Canada - even for Canadians! Many very well qualified students are turned away each year due to the very limited number of spaces. I wish you good luck!

Archived