Premed 101 Forums

Med School Admissions

Nvln0

Does anyone know of any Med schools that look at the final/last year GPA? My first two years did not go very well but my third year has been a bit better. I was hoping that if I do really well in my final year of undergrad there would be a Med school that only looks at my GPA in my fourth year.

Does anyone know of any Med schools that look at the final/last year GPA? My first two years did not go very well but my third year has been a bit better. I was hoping that if I do really well in my final year of undergrad there would be a Med school that only looks at my GPA in my fourth year.

Short answer: No.

There are schools that look at the last two years (Queen's), or best two years (Western, Calgary), or drop lowest courses/apply weighting formula provided you meet the requirements (Toronto, Ottawa, Manitoba). As far as I know, there are no schools that only look at the last year.

if you have one year at 3.7 or higher, you have a shot at western. that is only if you are continuing your studies though. so your 3rd year would have to be a 3.7 and your acceptance if you get it would be contingent upon you getting at least 3.7 in your forth year. i would suggest taking an extra year of undergrad to boost your gpa. or a second undergrad degree

Short answer: No.

There are schools that look at the last two years (Queen's), or best two years (Western, Calgary), or drop lowest courses/apply weighting formula provided you meet the requirements (Toronto, Ottawa, Manitoba). As far as I know, there are no schools that only look at the last year.

Calgary drops lowest year ONLY if you have completed your degree

Archived