Premed 101 Forums

My situation

ditde

Quebec is the first province that I have been in since I left Canada shortly after I was born. Does anyone know if by law (or by school guidelines) if I am considered an In-Province candidate for McGill Medical school?

I know that McGill has a lower tuition rate for Quebec residents and according to those guidelines I qualify for the lower tuition rate, so technically right now I am paying the same fees as Quebec residents.

Does anyone know if their medical school follows the same protocol? I am not a resident of any province, just a Canadian citizen so things aren't looking too good for me. :(

Quebec is the first province that I have been in since I left Canada shortly after I was born. Does anyone know if by law (or by school guidelines) if I am considered an In-Province candidate for McGill Medical school?

I know that McGill has a lower tuition rate for Quebec residents and according to those guidelines I qualify for the lower tuition rate, so technically right now I am paying the same fees as Quebec residents.

Does anyone know if their medical school follows the same protocol? I am not a resident of any province, just a Canadian citizen so things aren't looking too good for me. :(

If you were born in Quebec, I believe you qualify as a IP student for Mcgill. And besides, like you mentioned, you are already paying IP tuition fees for undergrad, so I'm pretty sure this applies for Mcgill Med School too.

Of course you are a resident of a province (the one you are permanently residing in). Here are the circumstances that qualify you for Quebec residency...

https://secureweb.mcgill.ca/dentistry/sites/mcgill.ca.dentistry/files/quebec_residency.pdf

If you are paying in province fees as an undergraduate student at McGill then YOU ARE a resident of Quebec... this applies not only to McGill but every school in QC as stipulated bye the Ministère de l’Éducation, du Loisir et du

Sport... Hope this helps

I was not born in Quebec.

So...you were not born in Quebec but then you lived in quebec but left SHORTLY afterwards...but you are a Canadian citizen? :P What am I missing here? Where were you born? How long were you in Canada? And where did you go?

I dont think you count as IP if you were only there for like 2 months of your life....otherwise the 3 years I spent as a kid in Quebec should make me IP too :P

Archived