Premed 101 Forums

mcgill - Bsc

Hey guys,

I was wondering with a current r-score of 30.2 (I'm in my second year of cegep), what are my chances of getting accepted at McGill, in the biology, biomedical and life sciences group (the minimal r-score requiered is around 28.2 I believe)

Thanks!

It is sure that you're r-score is enough to be accept in this program because that's not a contingent program. So don't be worry I think you will be accept easily :)

All right, thanks a lot! And what GPA/CRU is requiered to get into med school -if I ever decide to apply when I finish my BSc-studies

All right, thanks a lot! And what GPA/CRU is requiered to get into med school -if I ever decide to apply when I finish my BSc-studies

Depends on the school as well as other factors such as (Out of province, in province, or the difficulty of your program for french schools).

For Mcgill I believe they ask a minimum of 3.5, but there is also other things that need to be accounted for such as, personal essay, letters of recommendations and how well you do in the interview.

Depends on the school as well as other factors such as (Out of province, in province, or the difficulty of your program for french schools).

For Mcgill I believe they ask a minimum of 3.5, but there is also other things that need to be accounted for such as, personal essay, letters of recommendations and how well you do in the interview.

What about French schools like UdM, Sherbrooke and Laval? I've heard that for the selection, they focus more on academic performances whereas McGill gives a lot of importance to all the extra-curricular activities, and the interviews + letters of recommendation

I've been surfing over the threads, and I noticed some of them saying that certain students with high scores like 4/4,3 (in a bacc-program, related to science) did not even get called for the interviews. That stresses me a little..

Also, does anybody have some entrance statistics for med school? I'd like to know how many bacc-students got admitted..I read somewhere in the forum that from a biomed program at UdM, only a few got in (don't remember what year though...

Archived