Premed 101 Forums

Interview questions about residency status

NonTraddie

Hello,

I am currently living in the U.S. (U.S. citizen), but am eligible to obtain Permanent Resident status via Quebec, after living many years there on various VISAs (I currently have a valid CSQ).

I plan to apply to medical schools within a couple of years, and am considering applying to Quebec schools as a Quebec resident. However, as of now I am unsure whether I would want to settle in Quebec once finishing school (of course, if I am lucky enough to be admitted to a school there).

Does anyone know if this comes up in the interview process, or how this might be a bad idea? I do not want to appear as if I am gaming the system. Who knows, I may try to settle there in the long run.

My feeling is to be as honest as possible about my intentions. I would appreciate any insights.

Thanks.

• 8 months later...

I want share some ideals:

1. What are your expectations of what your life will be like after residency? What’s your visual image of your life as a doctor?

2. What have you done in your life that shows that you are a hard working and dedicated? (Remember, it doesn’t have to be restricted to medicine.)

3.What besides medicine do you have in your life that you feel passionate about?

Archived