Premed 101 Forums

March 25th Interviews

I thought our chance was now 37%, excluding multiple acceptances and withdrawals, but I'm going to have to re-evaluate that based on the past 3 year admission statistics. Historically, Mac seems to be taking 1.5 to 1.7 the number of girls as guys. I wonder if this is only post interview or whether this uneven gender distribution is already reflected in the selected interviewee pool (ie. more female applicants than males, or females doing better on CASPer in general) ?

Interesting

I thought our chance was now 37%, excluding multiple acceptances and withdrawals, but I'm going to have to re-evaluate that based on the past 3 year admission statistics. Historically, Mac seems to be taking 1.5 to 1.7 the number of girls as guys. I wonder if this is only post interview or whether this uneven gender distribution is already reflected in the selected interviewee pool (ie. more female applicants than males, or females doing better on CASPer in general) ?

Interesting

Or maybe more girls choose to matriculate at Mac but in reality, acceptances are equal gendered?

It is actually impossible to book a hotel in Hamilton on the 24th!!! I guess the "Around the Bay Race" + all the students interviewing have taken over... am I the only one who has this problem? (My interview letter didn't come until today, later than most I imagine).

I also couldn't manage to get a hotel room anywhere in Hamilton for the night of the 24th. I plan in staying in Toronto and taking the Go train / bus to Hamilton the morning of the 25th since I don't interview until the afternoon.

I also couldn't manage to get a hotel room anywhere in Hamilton for the night of the 24th. I plan in staying in Toronto and taking the Go train / bus to Hamilton the morning of the 25th since I don't interview until the afternoon.

If it's your first time visiting Hamilton, you can take either 47 from York U (it comes straight to Mac campus) or 15 from Union (goes to Hamilton go station - from there you need to take 51, which comes straight to Mac!).

Ooh how do I go about doing that? And I'm mailing in my acceptance right now (with confirmation of course!)

There was a link to the website in the letter. I don't have it on me right now so I can't check for you :( I believe it was on the same page as the hotel contact info (its hidden in a paragraph somewhere).

I'll be back to my parents house this weekend so I can check for you then if you still haven't found it :D

Archived