Premed 101 Forums

A relief for your brain

Guest TnJen

Guest TnJen

Home Health Nurse, Visiting Nurse, Private Duty Nurse, I have developed something that is as useful as the stethoscope. To keep up with all of the facts; drugs, lab values, disease processes, emergency contact numbers, you'd either have to have large cranium or large muscles in carrying your reference books. I have come up with a means where you don't need either. Welcome to the world of 21st century nursing. You can have all the information you need in the palm of your hand. For information contact TnJen@Excite.Com .

Guest Ian Wong

Hi TnJen,

As you can see, we don't really have advertising on this bulletin board, and with the amount of spam e-mail on the internet, I think there are very few members who are willing to send their e-mail address to you blindly. I'd like to invite you to post your message and details here on the forum so that we don't need to e-mail you. We'd like to hear what you have to offer, especially if it's an aid to our future clinical practice. If not, I will be closing this thread shortly.

Thanks,

Ian

UBC, Med 3

Guest strider2004

I think I know what TnJen is referring to by the 'palm' of your hand. I currently own a Handspring Visor and have found it quite useful for drug information. This usefulness will only increase as hospitals head into the 22nd century.

Example: Cedar Sinai in LA has given Palm V's to all its orthopedic surgery residents. THe Palms have a program that takes down all the patient information in convenient drop down menus. The docs get the info, sync their palms wit hthe network and voila, the information is in the hospital database. Queens has tossed around the idea of giving PDAs to its clerks in the future.

One useful program(for those who have PDAs already) is Epocrates. It's free and provides up-to-date drug information. Just imagine being in PBL and pulling up info on the drug interactions and dosing of your [patient]'s pills. You'll look like a big geek.

Guest Akane200

I've got the answer too! :b The wonderful palm pilot!! Actually, lots of clerks already carry them around. They are very useful, and lots of the software is free (if youknow where to look). A couple of people had visors and such in first year. My friend even had one with a keyboard to go with it. I'm just waiting until I go to clerkship to get one (when they are cheaper, faster, more memory, and maybe even equiped with colour and multimedia).

Use it in PBL? Look like a geek? Nah, maybe just a keener! ;)

Archived