Premed 101 Forums

Non-Traditional Applicants

teresachang

Hi guys

I was wondering if anybody that were successful (or at least interviewed) in applying through the non-traditional route would mind sharing their GPA/EC experiences. My GPA is too low (did not receive an interview) for the regular scheme it seems (3.3 cGPA) but admission told me I had very good ECs, and next year I would be eligible for the non-traditional route. But due to the number of applicants vs. spots avail, it seems like it's actually just as competitive if not more. I'm just wondering what sorts of GPA/MCAT/ECs ppl had luck with. Thanks

For sure, it is more competitive and a bit of a lottery where you definitely have a shot. I have no experience with this route but I wouldn't worry about how others do, it won\t be particularly helpful. It is all about what you bring to the table, how you market yourself and the competitive nature of the actual applicant pool in your category for that particular cycle. Best of luck! :)

For sure, it is more competitive and a bit of a lottery where you definitely have a shot. I have no experience with this route but I wouldn't worry about how others do, it won\t be particularly helpful. It is all about what you bring to the table, how you market yourself and the competitive nature of the actual applicant pool in your category for that particular cycle. Best of luck! :)

Thanks! I definately get that it's very competitive and luck of the draw. I was just still appreciate it if ppl who went the non-trad would be willing to share some of their sucess stories.

Archived