Premed 101 Forums

less than 5 credit penalty for UWO

Hey Does anyone know how much penalty does 4.5 credits have for UWO?

One of my years is 4.5 the other one is 5 credits.

If I use those two my average is 89.4% but if I decided to skip the 4.5 credit year, and use another 5 credit year it will be 88.3%.

P.S.---> AA is 22, RC is 21.

I asked them before, we just know there is some kind of penalty applied, "how much" is something that they didn't want me to know about.

They wont tell you how much the penalty is, but they will choose the years that give you the highest 2 year average in the end. In other words, they apply the penalty BEFORE choosing the best 2 years. I asked Trish about this, but just email her to confirm it again, she's very nice and informative.

They wont tell you how much the penalty is, but they will choose the years that give you the highest 2 year average in the end. In other words, they apply the penalty BEFORE choosing the best 2 years. I asked Trish about this, but just email her to confirm it again, she's very nice and informative.

so do we get to know what GPA were used? If so, I guess we can calculate how much the penalty is

• 2 weeks later...
so does the penalty apply to GPA, not overall score? do you think it's 3-4% on GPA?

realistically speaking, which ever the case is, the penalty itself shouldn't be that much severe (esp if you took 4.5/5 credits). However, since the standard deviation of the overall scores of all the applicants is so small, such small penalty can affect your standing IMO.

Archived