Premed 101 Forums

Acting Stations? Writing stations? Air Canada strike?

Does anyone know if there are acting stations?

Any writing stations?

I always love knowing what I'm in for...

Also, what do people think about the Air Canada strike on the March 24th weekend? (nervous laughter... biting nails). I feel like I might arrive in Thunder Bay on Air Canada ok on Friday, March 23rd, but then maybe not get home again after Spring Break ends that weekend (my return ticket is March 26th). Should I book a ticket via another airline???

i was wondering what other folks thought about flying air canada

(insert stories of lost luggage here)

i was just about to check their website about cancelling, i think last time u could cancel with no fees. i can go west jet but not as direct as with AC. if i were smart i would make the change now, just in case...

i think we should be prepared to role play, don't know about writing. although i would love to have that option myself

I think acting stations are a sure thing. Last year everyone kept saying that there was 'a fun' station ... something different. To me it was very obvious that they were refering to an acting station. I would say to be prepared for such a thing ... my guess is are that it will test communication & conflict management skills, though it is pure speculation on my part.

Acting stations seem to be pretty standard fare at MMIs these days. I have done MMIs both in and out of province and there has been acting at every one, so I wouldn't be surprised to find acting at NOSM, but obviously no way to know for sure, just stay calm and take whatever they throw at you in stride. Some schools disclose that there will be a writing station beforehand, others a writing prompt is simply set up as one of the stations. Not much you can do for a writing station though I feel, it is usually pretty straightforward, ex. responding to opinion prompts, talking about current issues, so I think they just want to see that you can communicate reasonably well in written form.

Archived