Premed 101 Forums

Medical school grades?

I'm pretty sure someone is keeping track because there are several awards that go to "the student with the highest final mark in [block]" but I'm also pretty sure that nobody ever finds out who is where, though we do get the mean and standard deviation with all our marks so you kind of know where you are.

I'm pretty sure someone is keeping track because there are several awards that go to "the student with the highest final mark in [block]" but I'm also pretty sure that nobody ever finds out who is where, though we do get the mean and standard deviation with all our marks so you kind of know where you are.

So you do get a numerical mark along with the mean and std? But all that shows up on a transcript is P/F?

what's a passing grade? like, 50, 60, or 70? and do they take your final grade for a block, or does every contribution to your final grade have to be a pass, too? ex. can you get 40% on an assignment (or whatever you get graded on) that's worth 15% and then do really well on the remaining 85% of the block and still pass?

At UWO, generally a passing mark in a block is a 60% overall mark in the block when all of the exams and assignments are calculated together.

However, in some blocks, there are certain requirements - for example, there might be a block where you have to pass every component, or a block where you have to pass overall and pass the final exam.

Generally though, it's 60% overall.

Archived