Premed 101 Forums

Worst best station drop?

Do they drop your worst and best station? Some guy told me that last weekend.

I feel like I BOMBED the drawing station SO HARD!!!!! I hate even thinking about it and I really have been stressing about it because I need to do well on the interview to get in.

I emailed the adviser but no reply yet.

Do they drop your worst and best station? Some guy told me that last weekend.

I feel like I BOMBED the drawing station SO HARD!!!!! I hate even thinking about it and I really have been stressing about it because I need to do well on the interview to get in.

I emailed the adviser but no reply yet.

Not true at all. No idea why this is a rumor that everyone always talks about. The general principle of the MMI is that even if you DO have one station where you score in the bottom, it won't make a huge impact on your overall standing.

• 3 weeks later...
Not true at all. No idea why this is a rumor that everyone always talks about. The general principle of the MMI is that even if you DO have one station where you score in the bottom, it won't make a huge impact on your overall standing.

How applicable is this "general principle" to USASK? The interview is weighed twice as much yet the difference between bottom 6th decile and top first decile is still only (90.5-83.9=6.6%). A 6.6% gpa increase is equal to a 60% mmi score increase. This must mean that there are small marginal differences between interview scores correct?

Archived