Premed 101 Forums

Interim Stats

My Letter indicates that I was in the 2/3rd year OOP pool, so I assume they lumped us together. Also, their website indicates they take a total of 27 2/3rd years students combined, it doesn't have a separate number for 2nd and 3rd year. Given that the class is a max of 15% OOP, and they only take 27 2/3rd years applicants it appears that getting in as an OOP early applicant is HIGHLY unlikely. with those odds you may as well stick it out for John Hopkin's or Harvard lol.

Is there a different pool for OOP and IP when it comes to 2/3rd year applicants?! I assumed 2/3rd years were all mixed in together, but if they are separate, that i awesome because I am an IP and got interviewed with WAY worse stats.

My scores:

GPA = 3.82

Activities = ?

MCAT = 11.33

Writing sample = S

Does the admissions committee distinguish between 2/3rd year applicants within that pool? Because from what I've heard, way less 2nd years get in, and those who do (~all) have 4.0's.

I think they are considered separately. Congrats on the interview though! You must have some pretty impressive EC's if you were a 2/3rd year applicant.

Thanks everyone for responding. I'm not sure if knowing the stats helps but it certainly helped eat up some minutes while clicking away. I'm sure other people have used this image before but the picture pretty much sums it up.

7569129394_bf15266d92.jpg

Archived