Premed 101 Forums

WSIB work

ghost dog

This is a question for MOO.

I was wondering if you were aware of how much WSIB pays for in person worker assessments. In particular: a worker is injured on the job, sustains a back injury, and is unable to work for a period of time. WSIB wants your opinion, and requests the worker attend your office.

Any idea?

Cheers.

For a regular WCB visit, the first visit is about 30 dollars (depending on age, same as MSP), and you get a form fee ranging from about 42-50 dollars, depending on whether it's the first or subsequent visit.

I don't know of any other in-person assessment codes for FPs

For a regular WCB visit, the first visit is about 30 dollars (depending on age, same as MSP), and you get a form fee ranging from about 42-50 dollars, depending on whether it's the first or subsequent visit.

I don't know of any other in-person assessment codes for FPs

No, this would be a specialized assessment. More in keeping with an independent medical assessment ( but WSIB pays for it).

WSIB kept me on the phone, quizzing me for 30 minutes a few days ago. I find out at the end : they want me to go for a 2 day unpaid training session. WTF ? This is why I ask about the dollar value attached to these assessments; unless it's straight up awesome - I'm gonna tell them to go fuk themselves.

No, this would be a specialized assessment. More in keeping with an independent medical assessment ( but WSIB pays for it).

WSIB kept me on the phone, quizzing me for 30 minutes a few days ago. I find out at the end : they want me to go for a 2 day unpaid training session. WTF ? This is why I ask about the dollar value attached to these assessments; unless it's straight up awesome - I'm gonna tell them to go fuk themselves.

Sometimes they have their medical advisers call docs to question them about why they did this, why they didn't push the patient back to work, etc.

Not sure about these assessments. Do they want to hire you as an independent contractor for this?

Sometimes they have their medical advisers call docs to question them about why they did this, why they didn't push the patient back to work, etc.

Not sure about these assessments. Do they want to hire you as an independent contractor for this?

A third party contractor is in negotation with WSIB on my behalf - but yes I would essentially be an independent contractor.

Already, I am pretty much 99.9 % decided against it. Too much hassle already. I have too much work as it is. I can only imagine the patient population that I would see with these consults (i.e. malingering, ungrateful, unsatisfying work).

It just flipped over to 100%. :cool:

Archived