Premed 101 Forums

Summer Courses

a1b1

I had a few quick question regarding summer courses.

1) Do any medschools in quebec disqualify you from applying if you take any summer courses?

2) Are you still eligible to apply for med at mcgill or any other school in quebec for that matter, if you take a summer course, while maintaining a full course load (30 credits/year) for that year?

That is all, thanks in advance :)

I had a few quick question regarding summer courses.

1) Do any medschools in quebec disqualify you from applying if you take any summer courses?

2) Are you still eligible to apply for med at mcgill or any other school in quebec for that matter, if you take a summer course, while maintaining a full course load (30 credits/year) for that year?

That is all, thanks in advance :)

I don;t think you will be disqualified. Only McGill states something about Summer courses, and they say they accept them as long as it doesn't take away from regular semesters.

I don;t think you will be disqualified. Only McGill states something about Summer courses, and they say they accept them as long as it doesn't take away from regular semesters.

ty

Sent them an e-mail asking them about the bolded part.

If anyone else has anything they would like to input as well, would appreciate it :).

1) No

2) Yes

That's exactly my undergrad path, and I had no trouble applying.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, the link you provide shows your ECs and that answers my questions, thank you. I just wanted a1b1 to be aware of the importance of ECs beyond the French speaking med schools. :)

pm waiting for you on sdn :)

Archived