Premed 101 Forums

2nd UG at York! Need Help Plzzzz!!!!

Hi. How you premeds doing?

I'm very new to this place and I'm writing to get some help.

So here is my situation.

I will be finishing my 1st degree at UofT.

After months of counselling and thinking over and over,

I have finally decided to do a 2nd UG, preferrably at York, and I will be aiming for UoW, Queens, or UofC.

So, those who are already there can you guys help me out :( plzzz

1. Is there a gpa cutoff for doing a 2nd degree? If there is what is it about rouhgly? How is that gpa calculated using what courses?

My programs of interest are KINE and biomed.

2. My 1st UG was Bsc at UofT. So would I be able to do another Bsc at York?

If not, can I cancel my convocation and go as a transfer student?

3. How do you apply for it? Is it called 'Transfer Credit' in York homepage?

If I apply now, can I enroll in the upcoming fall semester?

4. How many credits would I be bringing with me and what year would I be counted for? (2nd year student?3rd year student?)

How long would it take for me to finish a degree? 2 yrs? 3 yrs?

Oh and also

What other schools would be good fordoing a second degree?

suggestions??

Thank you for reading my questions.

and good luck to you all for the exams~!:)

On the York website it says you need a minimum 2.0 for non-honours and 2.3 for honours programs. All courses taken are used in this GPA calculation. To apply, I think you have to do that through OUAC. I can't comment on transfer credits exactly, as that depends on what you have taken, and what you hope to get credit for. You would need to talk to an advisor about that. Cancelling your graduation at U of T does not change your transfer credit status. I would advise against that. I would apply now, as it is almost April.

On the York website it says you need a minimum 2.0 for non-honours and 2.3 for honours programs. All courses taken are used in this GPA calculation. To apply, I think you have to do that through OUAC. I can't comment on transfer credits exactly, as that depends on what you have taken, and what you hope to get credit for. You would need to talk to an advisor about that. Cancelling your graduation at U of T does not change your transfer credit status. I would advise against that. I would apply now, as it is almost April.

When applying through ouac, i say i go in as first yr or advanced standing?

Also, my GPA isn't quite 2.3, its at 2.14 now so,,,, Would they be hardcutting on that? or would they also look at some other things to give mercy on it, such as my high school grades?

When applying through ouac, i say i go in as first yr or advanced standing?

Also, my GPA isn't quite 2.3, its at 2.14 now so,,,, Would they be hardcutting on that? or would they also look at some other things to give mercy on it, such as my high school grades?

I can't advise beyond what they have written on their website. You should definitely talk to an advisor at York about this. I assume you apply to OUAC as advanced standing, since you don't plan on starting first year (you mentioned transfer credits).

Hi. How you premeds doing?

I'm very new to this place and I'm writing to get some help.

So here is my situation.

I will be finishing my 1st degree at UofT.

After months of counselling and thinking over and over,

I have finally decided to do a 2nd UG, preferrably at York, and I will be aiming for UoW, Queens, or UofC.

So, those who are already there can you guys help me out :( plzzz

1. Is there a gpa cutoff for doing a 2nd degree? If there is what is it about rouhgly? How is that gpa calculated using what courses?

My programs of interest are KINE and biomed.

2. My 1st UG was Bsc at UofT. So would I be able to do another Bsc at York?

If not, can I cancel my convocation and go as a transfer student?

3. How do you apply for it? Is it called 'Transfer Credit' in York homepage?

If I apply now, can I enroll in the upcoming fall semester?

4. How many credits would I be bringing with me and what year would I be counted for? (2nd year student?3rd year student?)

How long would it take for me to finish a degree? 2 yrs? 3 yrs?

Oh and also

What other schools would be good fordoing a second degree?

suggestions??

Thank you for reading my questions.

and good luck to you all for the exams~!:)

Yes, if your first degree was a BscH your second one can also be a BscH. What did you major in for your first degree in specifically? You can definitely finish a 2nd UG in 2 years, but it depends on what you've already taken obviously. You can potentially get 3 years worth of credits.

If you are only applying to York, then use their online application - it costs $80. But if you are applying to other schools then yes, use OUAC. I'd recommend asking the Kine Undergraduate program director/Bio undergraduate program director, seeing as those were the programs you were interested in. But IMO, biomed is not that easy. You'd have to speak to Paula Wilson for Biomed.

Hope that helps!

Archived