Premed 101 Forums

How good does your french have to be?

Hey Guys,

I just got invited for french school interviews in quebec. Before going I was just wondering how good they expect your french to be during the interviews. I can speak intermediate french, i can have a conversation but I still make a lot of grammatical errors and sometimes dont know words. Just wondering because its far to go and I dont necessarily have the time or money. Is it worth it?

Thanks

Hey Guys,

I just got invited for french school interviews in quebec. Before going I was just wondering how good they expect your french to be during the interviews. I can speak intermediate french, i can have a conversation but I still make a lot of grammatical errors and sometimes dont know words. Just wondering because its far to go and I dont necessarily have the time or money. Is it worth it?

Thanks

Open a thread in the Quebec section.

Definitely ask in the Quebec thread...

I don't have any experience with this but just a thought...they are going to be teaching you in French...will it be hard for you to keep up? Med school will be hard enough without a language barrier...I don't know what level you are at but something to consider...

As for the interview, I would think they would expect you to keep up with the conversation and have it flow well but that is pure speculation...get it from someone who knows...just my two cents...

Congratulations on the interviews and good luck!

Archived