Premed 101 Forums

Canadian medical student wanting to do residency in the States

Hi, I am in my second year of med school at UCalgary

What sort of "extracurricular" activities should I do to increase my chances of being matched through the NRMP to the states? Is it a MUST to do some electives/clerkship down in the US?? I don't have any connections in the US

I am in a 3-year program, so I don't get the summer off which means I cannot do research or shadowing in the US...my clerkship is my only chance,eh? and even if I do couple of weeks of clerkship in the states, will that be enough??

Thnx

Hi, I am in my second year of med school at UCalgary

What sort of "extracurricular" activities should I do to increase my chances of being matched through the NRMP to the states? Is it a MUST to do some electives/clerkship down in the US?? I don't have any connections in the US

I am in a 3-year program, so I don't get the summer off which means I cannot do research or shadowing in the US...my clerkship is my only chance,eh? and even if I do couple of weeks of clerkship in the states, will that be enough??

Thnx

if you want, you can do a 1-year research fellowship after graduation. (like at McMaster).

Archived