Premed 101 Forums

^Would like to know that as well.

When I asked the admissions director about this, he noted that it was hard to maintain high 90s for some candidates for obvious reasons (OOP included). Therefore, they accepted consistency "within reason." He said the decision is made by a committee on whether or not the performance can be considered consistent. He refused to specify any further. This may or may not affect your application depending on how much your average deviated.

Anyone with more detail/know of any actual cases of being denied due to lack of consistency in performance?

I got an email saying they request final transcript and expect consistent performance. Anyone know from experience how low your current year marks can go? I might have one that is high 60's ( it's an English)

I also got an e-mail, but mine doesn't say anything about consistent performance... are you OOP or IP?

They expect consistent marks from everyone. OOP having the added burden of remaing close to the 93% mark since post interview it is 100% MMI.

I am a 2nd year, therefore obviously using this year's average.The email is just a silly confirmation about receipt of your reference letters and info about sending in transcripts. Im sure it is indicative of nothing.... I sure hope it was though lol

IP applicant got an email... anyone that didn't I guess you are done for... :(

Good luck next year I guess :P

hahaha. Yeah maybe. Or maybe they only send it if they have reason to be worried about your performance (ie. you are currently en route to bombing the class).

And no, I'm not using this year as one of my best.

It should be noted though that I did get the email about reference receipts and such but they didn't say anything about maintaining performance.

What does this all mean!??!

Well... my marks have been average... mostly centered around 85%... but I do have 1 in the 66ish% region... is that bad for my application??

Haha so much confusion here. The part about grade consistency is from the admissions manual not from any emails. Grades across years should consistent and low individual grades can be acceptable. Someone who gets 98 in first year then fall to 75 in second year is going to get an interview but they will be looked upon unfavorably. Now what was unclear to OP was how much of a drop is acceptable. With a high 90 average, even a single 60 is going to drop your average by 5%, which may not be acceptable.

Archived