Premed 101 Forums

List of Residency and Fellowship Programs

Guest mesoderm

Guest mesoderm

Is there a complete list & description of all residency AND fellowship programs offered in Canada??

I can find the residency programs on CaRMS but I can't find fellowship programs.

Guest aneliz

I am not aware of a complete list of the fellowship programs... this is because by the time people start applying for fellowships, they are more 'differentiated' than when they apply for residency positions.

At the time you apply for residency, you could apply for any of them... meaning that ortho and path and paeds get listed side by side in a list. However, when you are applying for fellowship programs, you have already completed a residency in X, so seeing a list of fellowships available to people that have completed Y residency is really not relevant. Fellowship is also not done with a formal 'match' procedure either... so the dates, procedures and deadlines vary between programs...

I would suggest you check out the dept. web pages for some of the bigger schools in the discipline you are interested in to see what is available. For example: if you are interested in paeds fellowships, check out what is available in Toronto, or Halifax or Ottawa...

Archived