Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist Thread 2012

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
similar situation, I guess. I feel like maybe if I were younger or straight from undergrad I would feel better because I'd feel like I have more options. I'm kicking myself for not applying earlier, I.e. while I was in my undergrad.

I finished my Masters, and I'm not getting any younger. I'm thinking maybe I should have just done a second undergrad or tried to improve those marks..

I want to be hopeful and optimistic but it gets harder with every passing year, as I grow more cynical and everyone around me seems to be going somewhere except me.

sigh. maybe it's the end of the long weekend that's affecting my mood.

I feel the same way. I finished my Masters in 2010, and just want to get my life started. Its funny because on May 14th, I had a feeling that my wait wouldn't end on the 15th, so I had a strong feeling I would be waitlisted. I'm really glad we made it this far, because it shows that even the med schools know we have the potential to be great doctors.

I'm hoping that all of our patience and perseverance will pay off, but in the event that doesn't happen, I've started my AMCAS apps, just so I feel like I'm actively pursuing something.

I feel the same way. I finished my Masters in 2010, and just want to get my life started. Its funny because on May 14th, I had a feeling that my wait wouldn't end on the 15th, so I had a strong feeling I would be waitlisted. I'm really glad we made it this far, because it shows that even the med schools know we have the potential to be great doctors.

I'm hoping that all of our patience and perseverance will pay off, but in the event that doesn't happen, I've started my AMCAS apps, just so I feel like I'm actively pursuing something.

This is 1000% the right attitude.

I'm right there with you on starting AMCAS apps, stupid DOMA (defense of marriage act) kills me hahaha I could have american citizenship and it'd make AMCAS apps so much easier to go through! lol new life goal become an american citizen, get in to med school... come back to practice in Canada

I'm right there with you on starting AMCAS apps, stupid DOMA (defense of marriage act) kills me hahaha I could have american citizenship and it'd make AMCAS apps so much easier to go through! lol new life goal become an american citizen, get in to med school... come back to practice in Canada

Maybe they'll join the 21st century and repeal it? Is there legislation for civil unions and citizenship? You're right it would definitely be easier, the standards are so much lower lol. At least AMCAS is tech savvy enough to save last year's info, that's going to save me a LOT of time.

P.S I'm pretty sure I was in your interview circuit, it was such an amazing group :)

Maybe they'll join the 21st century and repeal it? Is there legislation for civil unions and citizenship? You're right it would definitely be easier, the standards are so much lower lol. At least AMCAS is tech savvy enough to save last year's info, that's going to save me a LOT of time.

P.S I'm pretty sure I was in your interview circuit, it was such an amazing group :)

haha I agree, we had a really strong circuit group!!! Incredible individuals! Haha it's not even that the standards are so much lower but their application takes into account more than a "tweet" for your sketch, the whole actually writing about your passions and having space to do so is really helpful lol! Ps. Do they save reference letters on AMCAS or do I have to go chase down those people too?

Unfortunately, unless you used interfolio, I think you have to chase them down again. You're right about the holistic approach, I definitely feel that I was able to provide a solid picture of myself, as opposed to summing up my life in a few lines. That being said, it becomes quite daunting when you have to write multiple secondaries. Let's keep our fingers crossed that it doesn't come to that for us!

Archived