Premed 101 Forums

Official Wait List 2012

Rank wait-listed at #20. (well, after the post above, #18 not it seems :))

Third time applying to Ontario schools.

First time applying to NOSM.

NOSM was the first, and only interview I had.

Happy with my overall rank (84th out of 401 interviewees), but my life is now very much up in the air. As I understand it, I'm RIGHT at the bottom edge of the avg wait-list rank that gets accepted...

may the drum begin to roll.....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ABrown Running for the Bison Next year?

Haha apparently this anonymous account is not very anonymous. It's still up in the air right now.. I'll know (hopefully) for sure by June first. If only medical schools took athletics into consideration more...

Two theories:

1) Schools have over-accepted in proportion to expected number of declines

2) Schools are trying to force the hand of those with first round offers of admission --> would decrease level of competition between schools for their highest ranked applicants

Hope it's #2. I've got people on waitlists that I'm rooting for!

Hi all waiting list hopefuls,

I was originally ranked #9 on the waiting list and received an e-mail from NOSM this morning that included an offer of admission for the West campus. It looks like there has been quite a bit of movement that has gone unreported on the site so I wanted to get you a quick update. I know I was extremely anxious over the last week and I know there are many of you who feel the same way. I hope my information helps.

Best of luck to you all!

Did you get an offer of admission to your preferred site???? I'm #10 on the wait list, but am really hoping that I'll be offered a position at the East Campus, my preferred site. Does anyone have any insight on where most of the openings will be offered? I've had no news yet for those of you #11+ on the wait list.

Hey, from what I understand you get offered a spot to whatever site opens up next. When I got off the waitlist it just happened that I was offered my #1 choice. That being said I know of classmates who were initially offered one campus and were able to swap, so it is possible if you end up getting an offer to west.

Good luck!!

Hi all waiting list hopefuls,

I was originally ranked #9 on the waiting list and received an e-mail from NOSM this morning that included an offer of admission for the West campus. It looks like there has been quite a bit of movement that has gone unreported on the site so I wanted to get you a quick update. I know I was extremely anxious over the last week and I know there are many of you who feel the same way. I hope my information helps.

Best of luck to you all!

Wow great news - lets keep this train moving!

Just so you all know - I PMed #4 on the waitlist to ask whether he/she had heard anything. The answer was no. Furthermore, my friend called NOSM this morning to ask whether there had been any waitlist movement. The answer was no. So #2 was lying and #9 is questionable. Sorry to be the breaker of bad news. I'm not sure what is going on right now.

The train has been derailed!

Just so you all know - I PMed #4 on the waitlist to ask whether he/she had heard anything. The answer was no. Furthermore, my friend called NOSM this morning to ask whether there had been any waitlist movement. The answer was no. So #2 was lying and #9 is questionable. Sorry to be the breaker of bad news. I'm not sure what is going on right now.

I know someone on the wailist who was close to 9 (won't give her exact number away without her permission) and she DID get an offer today.

Just got the update email.

Confirmed, the waitlist has moved by 11 spots (i.e. #12 is now #1).

What I'm confused about his they said the class now consists of 58 people. Meaning there are 6 spots left.

Does that mean they are sending out 6 letters to the updated waiting list?

If I'm right, then...I was #20, am now #9. 6 Letters are sent out, that leaves me at #3. So if 3 out of 6 people decline I should be next to get a letter?

Am I right?

Just got the update email.

Confirmed, the waitlist has moved by 11 spots (i.e. #12 is now #1).

What I'm confused about his they said the class now consists of 58 people. Meaning there are 6 spots left.

Does that mean they are sending out 6 letters to the updated waiting list?

If I'm right, then...I was #20, am now #9. 6 Letters are sent out, that leaves me at #3. So if 3 out of 6 people decline I should be next to get a letter?

Am I right?

Hey! It means that there are 6 offers that have already been sent out, with no response yet. So, 58 people have accepted their offer. If any of the 6 people with offers (that haven't responded) reject their offer, then they'll keep moving down the waitlist.

It looks like this year wont be like last year where it moved 26 or so spots. This year it looks like it will fizzle out around the bottom end of the historical range .... 15 or so.

Good luck to those in the mid to high teens, there is still a chance.

Beef

Just an update - 60 of the 64 spots have been confirmed.

Good luck!

wow, getting down to the final countdown! good luck to those who are getting close on the waitlist... and congratulations to the 60 classmates that have already signed on... one of the biggest commitments you can make in your life!

Archived