Premed 101 Forums

Official Wait List 2012

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
# 16 originally, as of last Wednesday #5, so close yet so far! lol

Hmmmm, this news confuses me.

In the last update they said 58/64 spots were filled, and that the waitlist had moved by 11 spots.

I was under the impression that meant the next 6 offers of admission were sent out to the next 6 people on the waiting list (i.e. NEW #1-6). So if you were #5 of the new waiting list you would have received an offer.

But if even #12 on the original (which would be number #1 now) hasn't received anything, then that means whoever has these new offers of admission were on the original list, and taken off.

If we assume they sent out 64 offers the first time, then 64 + 11 = 75 offers sent out so far. But as of last week only 58 spots were filled. Then someone posted that 2 more spots were filled. That means, so far, 75 offers for 60 spots. But that might go up.

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60691&page=2

On that page Real Beef posted some numbers from past years. The only year with info on the 64 class size, they needed to send out 79 offers for those 64 spots.

I guess the numbers are starting to make sense.

Even if the 2013 class fills up and no one moves on the waiting list anymore then that means 75 offers for 64 spots, with a wait list movement up to #11 on the list. That's not entirely different than previous years. Although, we can expect a little more movement off the list.

I guess I was expecting slightly more movement on the wait list since last year they went up to #26 on the list, and even with a class size of 56 the avg movement was 17+.

Poo.

Is the class full yet? The NOSM Meds 2016 facebook page has seemingly had a couple people trickle in here and there, suggestive of people receiving acceptances ....? Anyone with an email update on this?

Apparently there was some "emergency" on Tuesday. The weekly update should have been sent out yesterday, but never came. I figure something is/was delaying them.

I'm secretly hoping it's the correction of some massive computer error. The resolution being that I somehow get an offer of admission XD

Strange. I talked with G.I.Geoff (# 9 on the revised waitlist?) and he told me that he also has yet to receive a message from NOSM confirming the class is filled.

An admissions officer was supposed to talk with me this past Tuesday, but had to reschedule to Thursday due to some "emergency". I talked with them Thursday and they said things have been really chaotic for them over the past week. I never found out what was the cause of this "emergency" and "chaos", but maybe what has come about from this "emergency" may be partially responsible for the current discrepancy between the accepted candidates receiving messages and the waitlisted not receiving messages. To be clear, this is pure conjecture.

In any case, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all you on the revised waitlist that there was a slip-up and that those who haven't heard yet still have a chance at getting in.

Yup. I'm #9 on the list right now and haven't received anything more then that first update. I sent an email this past week to NOSM asking about the wait, but have yet to receive a response. I also tried calling Admissions twice on Friday but no one answered (voicemail). So they do appear to be busy...

Hopefully they get back to us hopefuls early this week.

Yeah that is unfortunate that the communication has broken down between them and waitlisted hopefuls. Historically they have worked like a well oiled machine ... sorry you guys are going through more stress in an already stressful situation. I hope it works out.

Wow, if that is the case then the waiting list only moved 11 spots this year if GI Geoff was number 20 on the waiting list to start. I believe that is the lowest movement to date in the data I provided in a previous post, with the lowest being 15 before. I thought for sure people who were 12-15 were a for sure.

As of 9:45am today:

"Dear Ranked Waitlisted Applicant,

This is the 2nd update on the status of your position on the waitlist for the Northern Ontario School of Medicine.

The following movement has occurred on the waitlist:

We have moved through the top 12 people on the waitlist(i.e. the original #13 on the list is now #1).

Thus others on the waitlist will move up accordingly.

Our class now consists of 63 people.

You will receive updates on the status of thewaitlist regularly until our class is filled.

Thank you!

The Admissions of Admissions

Northern Ontario School of Medicine"

If #12 did in fact accept their spot then that confirms the class is full.

Congrats to those who got in! Hopefully some of the rest of us will see you there next year ;)

• 7 months later...

Archived