Premed 101 Forums

Rules against applying for MD schools if we got an offer for DO?

Hey

Does anyone know if we currently hold an DO acceptance for next year (MSUCOM) class of 2017. Since classes doesn't start until June 2013. It theoretically allows me to still thrown in another round applications to US MD schools and Canadian med schools this coming year (I prefer to stay in Canada if possible). And I would find out if I was successful by May 15 of next year. But is this illegal? or even allowed? I don't want to lose my DO acceptance in the event that I can't get into a Canadian med school or american MD School if schools found out. Anybody done this before?

lol.. the villainy of pre-meds...

You made it dude, you got into a US med school. Most people I know who had the year off took off and traveled the world, some worked for a year to try to make some money to pay off that tuition. There's more to life than the constant rat race of med school applications you know.

You made it dude, you got into a US med school. Most people I know who had the year off took off and traveled the world, some worked for a year to try to make some money to pay off that tuition. There's more to life than the constant rat race of med school applications you know.

And that without forgetting that applying to more schools cost a lot of time and money.

lol. yea I am been debating that. It's mostly the Canadian schools which is making me thinking I wanna re-apply. I just would save a ton of money if I could stay in my home province for school. The cost of application will be chump change compared to the 300 K debt load. Anyhow, it seems like the AMCAS and Canadian systems are separate from DO so it's probably ok. Please let me know if I'm wrong! I really don't want to jeopardize my DO acceptance in case I don't get into the other schools.

Archived